Managers’ First Aid kit
Download Complimentary Book Sample
Benefits to Readers
The transition from line staff to management is fraught with difficulty. Sixty percent of new managers either fail outright or underperform in their first two years, while 51% of managers said they were unprepared for their first managerial role. In this quick-reference guide, Master Trainer and Professional Coach Joan Underwood shares practical insights and proven strategies for conquering the three most common challenges associated with this transition—managing self, managing others, and managing processes.
This practical “how-to” guide is an invaluable resource for experienced, new, and aspiring supervisors and managers who would like to take their performance to the next level.
Underwood draws from over twenty-five years of experience as a manager, lecturer, HR practitioner, consultant, trainer, and coach to craft a relatable blend of theory, practical models, proven strategies, and engaging stories. As a bonus, each chapter contains activities designed to help readers apply and reinforce the lessons learned.
By implementing the strategies in this guide, you will:
- Make a smoother transition from individual contributor to manager
- Possess a higher level of self-awareness
- Gain proven strategies for self-regulation
- Have the ability to anticipate and respond rather than merely reacting to challenges
- Possess an enhanced ability to get things done with and through others
- It’s time to distinguish yourself from the majority of managers struggling to succeed in a new and challenging role. Managers’ First Aid Kit is your go-to resource to master the art and science of managing so can become the leader your company needs and the best manager you have the capacity to be.
Part I –Managing Self
- Emotional Intelligence
- Emotional Agility
- Cultivating Winning Habits
- Becoming Change Able
- Where the Buck Stops
- An Attitude of Gratitude
- You Can’t Pour from an Empty Cup
Part II – Managing Others
- Building Trust
- Building Relationships
- Situational Leadership
- The Art and Science of Delegation
- Giving and Receiving Feedback
- How to Persuade and Influence
- Managing Your Boss
Part III –Managing Systems and Processes
- Building a High Performance Team
- Coaching for Performance
- Conducting Great Meetings
- Banishing the Myth of Time Management
Managers’ First Aid Kit – Original Edition
Get the Original Paperback hard copy version of this book to use at any time on the go if you love to have physical books to make notes in.
Managers’ First Aid Kit – Premium Edition
Get the FULL-COLOUR Premium Paperback Edition that includes the option to customize/brand the first page inside the cover
Want An Audio Book ?
Want An Electronic Book ?
Book Launch Promo